You’ve heard of “visual” and “auditory?” This is just a variation on a theme. Typically, people will fall into one category more strongly than the other.
- Will remember what they see
- Create pictures, diagrams, time lines, flowcharts, films, etc
- Find or make pictures
- Color code notes to connect topics
- Study with a piece of paper and a pencil handy to write down ideas
- Create concept maps—show connections
- Outline information
- Will remember what they hear
- Go to every lecture
- Work in groups—listen to the other people speak
- Study with a tape recorder to record ideas
- Tape lectures
- Read aloud
- Summarize information in your own words
- Teach the subject to someone else (even your plants!)
- Tape vocabulary words. Play them back to yourself later.
Not sure which one you are? Find out using the Integrated Learning Styles Module.